We are currently seeking a Temp Cook / Chef for a busy property in remote South Australia. This role requires an immediate start and an initial one month commitment with the possibility of being extended or becoming permanent. Candidates must have previous bulk catering experience.
Preference is for a candidate currently based in South Australia, but will consider candidates that can freely travel to South Australia from interstate.
$65000 salary (pro rata)
Free self contained cabin style accommodation or self contained motel style room.
Relocation costs to site and back home covered
- Prep and cooking of buffet style meals (for approx. 100)
- Cooking breakfasts, crib and bain marie dinner service
- Cooking steaks, fish etc to order
- Working across various shifts
- Adherence to dietary requirements (allergies, special requests)
- Maintaining a clean kitchen environment (doing dishes, general cleaning etc)
- Working front of house when quiet (eg. clearing tables, wiping down, general cleaning etc)
- Working as part of a team
- Previous experience cooking in a similar environment
- Formal trade qualifications in commercial cookery or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to work within a team and autonomously
- Ability to prep and organise ahead
- Current First Aid Certificate is highly desirable
- HACCP experience essential, with a high emphasis on food hygiene
- Current Drivers Licence